Image Map

Monday, September 9, 2013

Blogtember -- September 6 & September 9

A story about a time you were very afraid.

I get afraid every time I have to go to the dermatologist for a skin check. My skin is very fair and I've had a couple bad sunburns in my life from when I was younger and didn't know about skin cancer and didn't care about wearing sunscreen. Now that I'm in nursing school, I understand the importance and I'm always paranoid that I have abnormal moles. I've already had 3 removed and biopsied, two were fine, but one I had to have an excision on -- they saw abnormal cells (but not cancerous) on the biopsy so they took out all of the tissue surrounding the moles to make sure none of the cells would be left. I just went for a skin check on the 6th and luckily everything looks good! I always get scared when I go.

Take this short personality test and respond to your results. 



Wow, the assessment is SUPER LONG, so I'm going to respond by pasting sentences that I feel definitely relate to me. That way I can read and think as I go.

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life.
 They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress.
Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.
INFJs are deeply concerned about their relations with individuals as well as the state of humanity at large.
They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people -- a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates."
Usually self-expression comes more easily to INFJs on paper, as they tend to have strong writing skills. 

I also looked it up online and found more that matches my personality:

INFJs place great importance on having things orderly and systematic in their outer world.
They put a lot of energy into identifying the best system for getting things done, and constantly define and re-define the priorities in their lives.
They have strong value systems, and need to live their lives in accordance with what they feel is right.
An INFJ has a "stick to it" attitude. They're not afraid of hard work, and will put forth a great deal of effort towards something that they believe in. This persistence will help the INFJ to achieve an identified goal.
Perfectionistic and idealistic, they always strive for the best.

There were a few things that I thought were definitely not me, like they said something about these people being really involved like that most of them are activists and into politics, but that is not me. Overall though, it was very accurate! This was fun and definitely interesting!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you - I think the quiz's description was long, and I didn't think it was entirely accurate. But I definitely think other descriptions are a bit more on point. I'm glad you found yours to fit your personality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the overview at the end or whatever and I was like OMG. LOL. Totally overwhelmed with words.

      I saw another persons blog, they kind of condensed theirs into key words/phrases which I thought was a good idea, it got down to the gist of the whole overly worded assessment. haha.

      It fit it for the most part, I'd say about 20% of it didn't fit me. But still, that's pretty good.

      Delete