Image Map

Friday, September 13, 2013

Five on Friday


I'm so happy it's Friday!!

ONE. I got to start an IV at clinical on Wednesday!! Well, I got to try anyway. The first time I got in the vein perfectly, but when I flushed it, it infiltrated. The second time I was going in where three veins kind of crossed and so it didn't work. My teacher said that I did everything right, but that the patient was dehydrated and sometimes when that happens it can collapse the vein. The RN who tried twice after me couldn't get it either, so that made me feel better :) It was just awesome to get to try on a real person. Clinical in general is just amazing this semester; my job in a hospital has made me so much more comfortable in dealing with patients and just being in the hospital setting. I definitely feel now that it is where I belong.


TWO. As if I don't have enough shows during the year, I started watching the first two seasons of Once Upon a Time on Netflix last week. It is such a great show!! I love every single person in the cast and it is just such a neat idea for a show, it reminds me of Lost, which I absolutely loved. I'm only on Season 1 Episode 10 now, but I hope that I can finish the first two seasons by the time the Season 3 premiere airs, I think it's the same night as Revenge -- September 29.


THREE. I sent Katie Rose Clarke fanmail this week! I'd been wanting to send her a letter for awhile, but I didn't know where to send it. So I asked her on Twitter and she tweeted the address to send it to. I sent two pictures and asked her to sign them. I can't wait for her to get it and see if she sends them back.


FOUR. Tonight is date night with my hubby :) We got a gift certificate for our anniversary to a restaurant we both love and we're going to use my movie passes I got from work to do dinner and a movie. It's been awhile since we've had a real date night so I'm looking forward to it!! 

FIVE. I went to the Bath and Body Works outlet on Monday and invested in some wonderful Fall purchases!! I honestly could have bought everything in the Fall collection. 


Have a great weekend everyone!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Good job with clinicals!!! And, have a super awesome time tonight on your date :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bath & Body works! I went crazy on their sale! And great job on your clinicals!

    Hi! I just found your blog today :) I'm Alexia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!! I can't wait for BBW winter stuff to come out too!!

      I'll be stopping by your blog as well!

      Delete
  3. That's exciting about your first real IV! The doctors always tell me "I have good veins" so maybe you should try it on me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I wish I could!! In skills we have to do it on mannequins and we all said we wish we could do it on each other, it's so much better on a real person!

      Thank you!

      Delete