Image Map

Friday, September 27, 2013

Five on Friday

Happy Friday!
I have to work this weekend, but I'm glad to have a break from school.

1. I am so so so beyond ecstatic for Sunday night TV!! 

I've been waiting for Revenge to come back since May and their insane finale, which contained about 10 cliffhangers (slight exaggeration). I literally screamed at the last scene! I cannot wait to see what is going to happen this season with a new writer and of course I can't wait to watch my girl for another season! I am so proud of her for how far she has come since I watched her on Everwood 11 years ago when she was virtually unknown. 


Luckily, I haven't had to wait as long to see what happens in Once Upon A Time. I just began watching the show about 2-3 weeks ago and I got through both seasons in 2 weeks! It is the most amazing show that I have seen since Revenge started and I am absolutely in LOVE with the entire cast! Especially the three leading ladies, Jen, Ginny, and LANA. Obsessed.


2. My mom's birthday is Sunday and tonight me, D, my sister and her boyfriend, my mom's best friend Lee, and our old neighbors are going out to celebrate. We're going to a bar near my sister's house for Happy Hour and then going to a nice restaurant for dinner. I haven't been out with all of these people together in a long time, so it will be a lot of fun!! I got her a gift certificate to the nail salon in our mall because she loves pedicures and also some Clinique Happy perfume and lotion.


3. I am lucky enough to be blessed with another AMAZING teacher this semester. I actually had her in the summer for CHA, but this semester I have her for my skills class and for clinical so I have gotten to interact with her a lot more. Honestly, if I didn't have her this semester, I don't know what I'd do. She is super relaxed and doesn't like drill us on information. When teachers do that in clinical it just makes me super nervous and then I can't think. If she knows that you know what you're doing she just asks general questions, observes, and lets you do it. It's so nice and actually overall I've been lucky with my clinical instructors with the exception of the horrible one I had this spring. It's great that I've had her for 3 classes now too, it really helps when you get to know their expectations and their teaching style.


4. New music I'm dying over!! 


Clearly!! Glee hasn't put out an album (minus the Christmas one last year) since last September, which has made me sad! I LOVE the Beatles, so I rushed right out to get this one!!! It's one of their best albums. My two favorites are Lea Michele's Yesterday -- I actually wish she would've performed it at the Emmys instead of Carrie, her version is just incredible and she puts her own Lea flair into it, and Naya Rivera and DEMI LOVATO's Here Comes the Sun. The harmonies in it are just perfection and I'm so excited about Demi joining the cast this season, I love her!!!


AAAH :) I feel like Christian artists put albums out so much more frequently than other genres do. Their last album came out less than 2 years ago! Then again, maybe it is because I love so many Christian artists that there is always someone due to have one come out. I love the Newsboys! They've been around for a long time and literally have probably over 15 albums, but I only have their last two albums and this one. So much positivity and reminders of our faith, but they have such a different sound to them too. I already love the entire album, but my absolute most favorite song is Go Glow<3 All three albums are some of my favorites of all time, and they are definitely in my top 3 of Christian artists in general.

5. Last, but CERTAINLY not least, it's 2013 World Championships time!! It is so crazy how time flies, I remember talking to one of my Gymternet friends after London about how far away these Worlds seemed, and they're here!!! Of course I am very psyched to watch Team USA dominate, but yesterday I had a complete freakout over my favorite Russian, Aliya Mustafina. She never stopped training after London, and has already won two AA medals since (as well as team and individual medals), at Universiade and the European Championships earlier this year. Then I find out that she has a new skill on bars and a new pass on FX (and a whole new FX routine) as well! This girl is just something else. If she wins the AA she will be a two time AA World Champion (winning previously in 2010). Of course, she has to contend with Simone Biles, Kyla Ross, Jao Yinnan, and Larisa Iordache, just to name a few.

Team USA: Kyla Ross, McKayla Maroney, Brenna Dowell, and Simone Biles.

Aliya Mustafina 

Have a great weekend :)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. The Worlds are on this weekend? I hope I get it on tv!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Podium training starts this weekend, qualifications early next week. All Around on Thursday and Friday and EFs on Saturday and Sunday. There won't be any live TV coverage :( NBC will air a delayed broadcast I believe 10/12 and 10/13.

      Delete