Image Map

Thursday, July 12, 2012

All Around the World

I am getting so incredibly impatient waiting for the Olympics to begin!! Since I'm bored, I decided to do a blog about other gymnasts from around the world that will be involved in London. Obviously Team USA are all my absolute favorites and I want them to win all the gold medals and as many medals as possible, but whatever they don't win, these gymnasts would be the ones I would want to win them.

Aliya Mustafina -- Russia

Aliya is probably my favorite non-USA gymnast right now. She is seriously such a diva, but that is her personality and I love it! I also love how she always seems to wear purple leos. Aliya was the 2010 World Champion in the All Around, and was poised to win many more titles, however, in 2011 she tore her ACL and MCL on her Amanar vault landing. She is fully back from the injury. I haven't seen any videos of her this year, but I've heard that her first meets back have been shaky. I am really hoping that at the Olympics she does well, I definitely think that she is a contender for the UB title, her bars routine is crazy good. 

VIktoria Komova -- Russia

Viktoria Komova was the 2011 World AA silver medalist. I was so happy that Jordyn won, but I felt so badly for Viktoria because it came down to the LAST routine, and she really seemed to have thought that she did enough to win it. She is the World Champion on the UB, and I also love her bars set.

He Kexin & Deng Linlin -- China

I included the Chinese only because they will most likely be in the running for a medal. I will never like anyone on the Chinese team because they cheat. I don't care that they were "CLEARED" by the FIG. It's crap. These two pictures were taken at the Beijing Olympics in 2008, in which these girls were supposedly 16 years old. THERE IS NO WAY .. they should be disqualified and the Americans should get the gold medal. It already happened once in 2000, and the Chinese were stripped of their bronzes and the American team was awarded them .. 10 years later. So, at this year's Olympics these two (the only veterans on the team) are supposed to be 20 years old. Yeah, right. I don't understand how this kind of blatant cheating is allowed. 

Victoria Moors -- Canada 

My favorite Canadian gymnast, Peng Peng Lee, was injured and had to pull out of the competitions leading up to the Trials. However, I also like Victoria Moors. Canadian gymnasts usually don't make many event finals, but I wish her the best of luck.

Lauren Mitchell -- Australia

I love watching Lauren although, again, as a team Australia usually does not do very well. She is amazing on FX and she won the World Champion title on Floor in 2010. She's also amazing on BB.


Beth Tweddle -- Great Britain

Beth is a veteran who is amazing on UB. She came in 4th place in the event finals in Beijing, but has been World Champion on bars in both 2006 and 2010. She is also great on Floor. The team from Great Britain is rumored to be very strong going into this Olympic games. I also like Hannah Whelan and Imogen Cairns, both veterans as well.

Larisa Andreea Iorchade -- Romania 

Iorchade is a first year senior and I'm really excited to see how she does in her first Olympics. She placed 3rd at the American Cup this year, and was FX Champion at the European Championships. Sandra Izbasa and Catalina Ponor are the veterans for Romania and they will be interesting to watch as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment