Image Map

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Gender Reveal Party

Saturday was our Gender Reveal. I've been imagining this ever since I heard of these parties becoming popular and I always knew I wanted to have one! My mom and sister put everything together and they did an AMAZING job honestly I couldn't have asked for anything more! The party was mostly family and a few of my close friends. I didn't want anyone to bring gifts or cards but some people didn't listen to me. 





IT'S A BOY!!!




Everything was so cute and decorative! My sister got paint swatches and had people write if they thought it was a boy or a girl and name suggestions. The above were a few of my favorite, though they were just jokes. We opened a box of balloons and people got a lot of nice video. I'm so so grateful for my friends and family coming to celebrate with us!

I got some amazing news work-wise today. I have been working full time nights (7pm-7am) for the past 3 and a half years. At the beginning of this year I started having a really hard time sleeping and I put in a request to go to day shift. Nothing was panning out so I then requested to drop to part-time nights. That was also denied, so I was actually in the process of applying for part-time positions elsewhere, however, I can't leave the company that I am with because if I do my OB that I'm seeing for my pregnancy will be out of network. Yesterday I was literally so so frustrated trying to think of any possible solution to this problem. Today I found out that there are TWO day shift positions opening up on our unit. I was second in line for days and the girl ahead of me didn't have any interest in either of them! (One is weekends and one requires NICU training). My manager said that I will be able to get one of them, we're just waiting to see which one! I am SO SO SO relieved, I've been stressing about this and praying about this for so long, and with the baby coming it couldn't have been better timing. I'm still continuing to pray that all works out and I really am able to transition to days. So much has gone wrong with it so far I'm cautious to celebrate but I can't help it!


How far along - 17 weeks.
Baby size - Size of a pomegranate.
Weight gain - Back to pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity clothes - Soon.
Stretch marks - None.
Sleep - A little better now.
Gender - Boy.
Movement - I know it's hard for first time moms to tell, but I've been feeling things I think could be.
Best moment the past week - Getting increased to 6g protein a day and our Gender Reveal.
Looking forward to - Being able to enjoy my pregnancy more as PKU gets easier.
Food cravings - Pizza!!
Labor signs - None.
What I miss - Being able to eat whatever I want.
Symptoms - None.
Nursery - Might be doing a Narnia nursery.
Belly button in or out - In.
Wedding rings on or off - On.
Mood - Good this week.
Workouts - My 12 hour shifts are my workout for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment